Rats and mice are never a pleasant visitor in your home. They’re known to cause damage to walls, wood, wiring, insulation and more. Additionally, rodent urine and feces are not something you want around your home. 24-7 Animal & Pest Control should be your first and only call when you need to get rid of mice and rats. It’s important to act quickly when you see a mouse or rat in your home, because one can easily turn into several in a matter of weeks. Call your local pest control experts at (314) 236-7378 to schedule rodent control.
Our Mice & Rat Method
We will start our visit like all visits:
- Identify the location of the rodents
- Seal obvious entry points
- Begin treatment
The initial treatment consists of setting up snap traps to kill the mice and rats inside the home. We will use bait boxes outside the home to eradicate other mice and rats. Depending on how much bait is used, we will return at 30 or 60 day intervals. Keeping fresh bait is important to break their life cycle. Call us at (314) 236-7378 today.
- Norway rats and the typical house mouse are the most common species found in St. Louis, MO
- Mice typically feed outside, but once they’ve found a food source inside the home, they’ll stay there to feed
- Mice only travel about 12-15 ft. from the point of entry inside your home
- Rats can reproduce every three weeks
- Rats are omnivores meaning they’ll eat just about anything
- Mice and rats are able to transmit up to 35 diseases to humans according to the CDC
- Rats can squeeze through openings as small as half an inch